Thursday 22 November 2012

The Powers Of Assumption


Here's a funny thing that happened the other day.
I woke up early, for some reason, and, it being a school day, I got out of bed and started to get ready promptly after my mother came in and told me to get my butt out of bed- maybe I'm paraphrasing a little, but in a half asleep state, that's the message that my mind comprehended. My body obeyed, and I jerkily went into the en-suite bathroom to wash up.
Now I should introduce a new character- you may have heard of her before, but I probably did not explain clearly enough exactly who she is. This character is my sister, Fizz, and she is extremely pretty, with soulful brown eyes, silky hair and a waggy doggy tail. You may have been under the misconception that Fizz was a human, but here I've put it right. But, you see, being brought up amongst our pack- sorry, family, she presumed that she too was a human, and therefore acted a lot like one. She still does...
So, anyways, there I was, in the bathroom, sitting on the floor (which was clean, thank you very much) and trying not to nod off, when I heard my mother come into my room. She seemed to be rehearsing what to say to me if she found me still in bed. But here's what really happened.
She came into my room to check on me, and to her horror she saw a figure under the bedsheets! She looked out the window, trying to calm down, and ticked 'me' off well and truly. Out of her peripheral vision, she saw 'my' deep brown eyes looking knowingly at her. Suddenly, I opened the bathroom door.
I looked at my mother. She looked back at me. Then, comprehension dawning on her face, she yelled; "Fizz!".
A tricolor blur shot out of the room from under the blankets, the little dog whom was wrongly ticked off for being me. Suddenly, seized by the hilarity of the moment, I retreated into the bathroom, breaking into a fit of giggle in privacy.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is really funny! My own mother did a similar thing... But not as exaggerated as that! She must have been really preoccupied... Do you have a younger brother?

    ReplyDelete